Published on July 5th, 2022 | by David Jackson0
4 Bathroom Renovation Tips for Increased Functionality
Your bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house. Not only is it a place where you go to get clean, but it’s also a place where you can relax and unwind after a long day. If your bathroom isn’t functioning properly, it can make your life very difficult- by making you perpetually late for instance.
Here are four tips to increase the functionality of your bathroom without breaking the bank.
Replace the Tub
If your tub is old and stained, it’s time for a replacement. A new tub can completely change the look of your bathroom, and it will also add value to your home.
Plus, an old tub can be dangerous. The chipped porcelain can lead to cuts and an ineffective bathtub stopper can ramp up the water bill.
When choosing a new tub:
- Choose a style that matches your bathroom aesthetic. You don’t want a tub that is out of place.
- Make sure the tub is durable and easy to clean. You don’t want a tub that will be difficult to maintain.
- Check the warranty to see how long it lasts. You want a tub that will last for many years.
Install a Shower Shelf
If you don’t have a place to put your shampoo, soap, and other shower essentials, you’re going to have a difficult time getting clean. By installing a shower shelf, you can keep all of your necessary items within easy reach, so you can get in and out of the shower quickly and easily.
When getting a shower shelf installed:
- Hire a qualified contractor. A contractor who is experienced will be able to install your shower shelf quickly and easily, without damaging your bathroom.
- Choose a material that will stand up to moisture. Shelves made of metal or glass are good choices.
- Make sure the shelf is installed at the right height.
Add a Towel Rack
Towel racks are a must for any bathroom. By having a place to hang your towels, you can keep them off the floor and dry. Wet towels are a breeding ground for mildew, which can make you sick.
When getting a towel rack installed:
- Make sure it is securely fastened to the wall.
- Choose a style that matches the decor.
- Opt for a rack that is easy to reach.
Install a New Toilet
An old or broken toilet can be not only an eyesore but also dangerous. If your toilet is cracked, it could leak sewage into your bathroom. A new toilet will not only improve the look of your bathroom, but it will also increase its function.
When shopping for a new toilet:
- Check the height to make sure it is comfortable for you.
- Choose a style that matches your bathroom’s decor.
- Make sure it is properly vented to avoid sewer odors.
Renovating your bathroom can be a great way to increase the value of your home and make it more functional. These are just a few tips to get you started. When planning your renovation, be sure to consult with a professional to get the best results.